Monday, August 6, 2012

Tool #6

USING WEB TOOLS TO PROMOTE DISCUSSION IN AND OUTSIDE THE CLASSROOM:

http://todaysmeet.com/mrshinersclass

I think this discussion tool is so neat. I would love to use this to interact with students. This would also be great to use during a team meeting or a faculty meeting. The students or teachers can be adding notes, ideas, comments, and be communicating together. It is a neat way to compile ideas and comments together over a certain topic or gathering. I am excited to try this in my class next year as well as many other different tools mentioned.


I also signed up for a new class Skype account. I have already made plans with other teachers in the district to let our classes have discussion over Skype. I think it would also be neat to seek out different professionals that may know a lot about what we are learning in class. For example, when learning about rocks, my kids can think of questions to ask a geologist and then we can Skype with a geologist and the students can have ownership of their questions. I have observed this tool in a classroom setting, in the past, and the students really enjoyed it and stayed engaged the whole time.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see how this goes for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds very interesting, I'm sure the children are going to love this assignment

    ReplyDelete